[Samba] Problem with trust relationship

Leonardo Carneiro chesterman86 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 14:34:02 MST 2011

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 11:56 AM, Leonardo Carneiro
<chesterman86 at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 11:15 AM, Leonardo Carneiro <
> chesterman86 at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> It was set to 2 (3 for winbind), but i setted for 3 and did some
>>> testes. again, nothing interesting. setted to 5 and at least something
>>> related to the machine name showed up on nmbd.log:
>>>

>>> [2011/02/12 12:43:48.071897,  4]
>>> nmbd/nmbd_workgroupdb.c:281(dump_workgroups)
>>>  dump_workgroups()
>>>   dump workgroup on subnet     192.168.0.2: netmask=  255.255.254.0:
>>>        DOMINIO(1) current master browser = DOMAINSERVER
>>>                ... (some machines)
>>>                VELTEC16 40011003 () (the machine that i'm testing)
>>>                 ... (some others machines)
>>> other than this... nothing.
>>>

>> Hi guys. I had to give a break to the samba debug cause my ldap base went
>> crazy for a while after the upgrade, but it's ok now.
>>
>> Unfortunally, my samba PDC still isn't going quite well =(
>>
>> There is any other ideas that i could try? Before all this, eventually one
>> or two machines had trust relationship issues, but all i need to do was
>> re-adding them to the domain. Now i can't even do this, since when i try to
>> add a machine is the domain, the Workstation service just crashes. =S
>>

> One thing i notice is that i cannot see my domain box when i navigate
> through the network, but if i go direct to the IP of the server i can see
> the shares and stuff.

In addition to not see my domain box when i navigate through the network, i
saw another strange thing. i got a fresh install and tried to add to domain.
Instead of the usual crash that happens in all other machines, it just says
that there is no domain or the domain cannot be reached. I thing there is
something that is making my domain to not be seeing by the whole network.
not something like firewall, cause when i enter the ip, i can navigate
through the shares, but something that is making my domain to now announce
itself.

since this is a fresh install, i doubt that this is a malware issue.