[Samba] making BDC samba + ldap server

tms3 at tms3.com tms3 at tms3.com
Sun Feb 20 12:24:09 MST 2011

> Hi
>
> Ok, and how I config nss_ldap? When I copy all database is included?

Well, the easiest way, for Samba use, is to simply cp your ldap.conf
file for the ldap client application to nss_ldap.conf--cp ldap.conf
nss_ldap.conf (this can be a bit confusing, as openldap uses a file
called ldap.conf for configuring the ldap client as well as a file
called ldap.conf for configuring basic ldap server process.  The
server file is generally contained in the directory where
configuration files are kept in a subdirectory called openldap along
with files like slapd.conf and is generally a small file witch looks
something like this:

#
# LDAP Defaults
#

# See ldap.conf(5) for details
# This file should be world readable but not world writable.

BASE    dc=mydomain,dc=com
URI     ldapi://%2fvar%2frun%2fopenldap%2fldapi
ldap://192.168.64.2:389
# TLS_CACERT /usr/local/etc/openldap/cacert.pem

#SIZELIMIT      12
#TIMELIMIT      15
#DEREF          never

whereas the ldap.conf for the client is rather lengthy and contains
quite a bit of information for contacting the ldap server, how the dit
should be searched, etc.)

And, no, nss_ldap.conf has nothing to do with the ldap server.
nss_ldap.conf can be used to contact an external ldap server, just as
the ldap.conf for the ldap client application can/

> Sorry for the newbie questions, If any time comes to barcelona contact
> me, you has a beer paid (Daniel too)  :-)

Well, now that's quite a generous offer. Much appreciated.