[Samba] making BDC samba + ldap server

marcos gonzalez marcos.gonzalez.cruz at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 14:26:40 MST 2011

Hi

Thanks for all the howto, but I dont understand the part to create ans slave
slapd (my version is 2.4.15 mounted in ubuntu server). At the moment I
understand this steps:

Resume:
>>>First of all install a second machine with the samba and ldap.
>>>Do not start samba, do not start ldap.
>>>The ldap database should be nearly empty ex:/var/lib/ldap

>>>Now copy your smb.conf to your new machine ex: scp root at 2machine
:/etc/samba
>>>Edit the smb.conf to your needs and adjust it to be a bdc:
>>>domain master=NO
>>>domain logons=YES
>>>Make a testparm it should succed like this:
>>>testparm
Processing section "[netlogon]"
WARNING: The "share modes" option is deprecated
Processing section "[sysvol]"
WARNING: The "share modes" option is deprecated
Processing section "[homes]"
Processing section "[profiles]"
Processing section "[alles]"
Processing section "[printers]"
Processing section "[print$]"
Loaded services file OK.
Server role: ROLE_DOMAIN_BDC  <----------------------------
you are a BDC

Now you are on to copy your slapd.conf and ldap.conf to your new machine:
Ex: scp slapd.conf root at 2machine:/etc/openldap

---------------------------HOw I can make this If slurpd is deprecated? The
guide

http://blog.suretecsystems.com/archives/129-Replacing-Slurpd-using-OpenLDAP-2.4.html

not's easy to understand, not exist other howto more simple?

replica uri=ldap://IPOFYOUR2MACHINE:389
binddn="cn=youradmin,dc=your,dc=ldap"
 suffix="dc=yourc,dc=ldap"
 bindmethod=simple
 credentials=securepassword

I understand the part of backup slapd only works with the service stopped?

Well Im grateful for all your time :-)

Thanks and Best Regards