[Samba] Fedora 14 and Samba 3.4.11 compile/install blues

Geoff Winkless samba at geoff.dj
Fri Feb 18 07:40:46 MST 2011

Apologies to Mac, who will have this twice - I didn't realise the list
doesn't include a "reply-to list" header. :(

On 18 February 2011 13:56, Mac <webreg.samba.org at panscend.com> wrote:
> from the install). Then tried to run the daemons manually. Both get the same
> error "/usr/local/samba/sbin/smbd: error while loading shared libraries:
> libtalloc.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory".

The configure output suggests it's going to build it

>> checking whether to build the libtalloc shared library... yes

and the make suggests it built it:

>> Linking shared library bin/libtalloc.so.1

and make install suggests it installed it:

>> /usr/bin/install -c bin/libtalloc.so.1 //usr/local/samba/lib

So that just leaves ldconfig.

Have you added /usr/local/samba/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf?

Geoff