[Samba] I can't connect to a Samba resource

J. L. Cabral jelocabral at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 18:36:51 MST 2011

Dear, thanks for your help.....I've logged into a Windows domain with
user: jelo and pass: rata89012.

My desktop is Windows XP SP2.

In samba server the shared resource is /var/recorder with this rigths:

drwxr-xr-x  2 root root  4096 feb 16 14:56 recorder

The Unix local user is jelo with pass 1234, and then I execute:
smbpasswd -a jelo with pass 1234, as I told before.

A pair of months ago in other LAN, in the same scenario I could log in
XXX domain and I could conect to a samba resource with YYY workgroup
(YYY is different from XXX), but here I can't at all.

So please what do you recommend to change for my current scenario ???

Thanks again,

JeLo