[Samba] Antw: Re: bind9 dlopen/dlz problems [update]
mat at samba.org
Sat Feb 12 13:23:33 MST 2011
> Hi Andrew,
> thanks for giving an update on this issue.
> I know it may be a little early (and insecure) to use this setup - but
> I like the way it works anyway :-)
> Just in case someone wanted to modify the provision tool, to create
> the DNS entries in samba ldb database directly instead of creating
> a named.conf - could you give some directions where to start?
> (And yes, I know that Active Directory DNS data types are ugly binary
> blobs, but I'll take that as a challenge :-)
I guess the easiest way is to:
0) rebuild with the patch attached to unable python bindings for DNS records
1) create a AD with an AD and let Windows manage the DNS record
2) vampire this domain with samba so that you have in the blobs in your
3) use ldbsearch to get this entries in base64
4) use a python script to get this blobs in binary
5) use ndrdump dns in decode_dns_name_packet file_with_1_blob to print
6) play with the bindings to see if you manage to manipulate the dns
records (an example of how we manipulate with bindings others blobs is
source4/scripting/bin/upgradeprovision around line 837, there is also an
example attached to this email)
7) manage to generate all the needed record in a dedicated OU of your s4
8) see how we can add 1 more namingcontext at provision
9) alter provision.py to add the namingcontext for DNS record + the
record itself !
You might need to come back on IRC at #samba-technical for more questions !
PS: Good luck !
Samba Team http://samba.org
Private repo http://git.samba.org/?p=mat/samba.git;a=summary
More information about the samba