[Samba] a question re. /var/run/samba/unexpected.tdb

Boryeu Mao B.Mao at cerep.com
Thu Feb 10 18:56:55 MST 2011

Not having paid any attention, I discovered that this file grew to be
1048518656 bytes (this on a debian-based Linux system), and filled up
the (small) filesystem for /var.  Is there a 'normal' size that I should
expect for this file ?  What could be the reason for the large size?
And how could it be best reduced?  (There was a suggestion of stopping
samba, removing the file, and restarting samba - is this the right way?)

Thanks in advance for the help.

This message, including any attachment, is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed.
It is therefore to be considered as a private correspondence which may contain confidential information. If you are
not the intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately delete this message and any attachment there to
without retaining a copy.