[Samba] samba policies? logon scripts?

fdelval at rojatex.com fdelval at rojatex.com
Tue Feb 8 06:49:03 MST 2011

Hello all,

I wanted something to enhace my roaming profiles from a samba server.
As well as users saving its config into my server, i would like to give
them a primary setup, by automatically creating some desktop shortcuts, or
creating a corporative background image for all.

I think i have 2 options, but i cant find a decent howto, and it seems
that i must use a microsoft tool.

system policies
logon scripts

Is this necessary? i mean, is it possible to make my users a custom
background image and some desktop icons?

If so, guide me or show me a starting point.

Much appreciated.

--
Fran Del Val
Dpto de informática.