[Samba] understanding users mapping

fdelval at rojatex.com fdelval at rojatex.com
Fri Feb 4 06:20:27 MST 2011

Perfect.

I get out of the domain, added the "domain users" group, re-joined the
domain and right there, i could see:

domain admins --------> linked to MYDOMAIN\dmnadmins
domain users    --------> linked to MYDOMAIN\dmnusers

So i guess, that to map any other group, lets say: REMOTE DESKTOP USERS, i
would need to:

1)
net groupmap add unixgroup="remote" ntgroup="whatever name"

2)
go to the XP machine, go to remote desktop users' group, and manually add
MYDOMAIN\remote

Repeat again for every other group.

If thats correct, then, thank you very much all, much appreciated help.
Thank you, Takahashi.

--
Fran Del Val
Dpto de informática.