[Samba] Freebsd pdc

Terry Danter terry at bluelight.org.uk
Sat Feb 5 13:57:59 MST 2011

I was just wondering how many people out there are using FreeBSD as a
pdc. I see a few guides on the net mostly followed by a load of posts
of problems people encounter. Is it like most things that once you
have done it once you can soon set up a machine at the drop of hat as
you encounter and remedy any problems. I have a few customers at the
moment one of who requires a pdc with roaming profiles. I use bsd and
samba all the time for normal file sharing and never have problems. I
try and avoid windows servers due to costs and licensing but a pdc
would be new for me.
Any opinions welcome

Thanks
Terry