[Samba] From LDAP to tdbsam

Michael Urban urban at panix.com
Thu Feb 3 10:06:50 MST 2011

We are scaling back our Samba service, and no longer need the
server to act as a domain controller or do general LDAP authentication.
Since we are also going to move the service to a different piece
of hardware, I would like to simplify the setup by removing
LDAP from the operation on the new machine.

The only problem I see will be the existing user base.  Is there
an easy way to move the lm and nt hashes from the LDAP database to
a passdb.tdb file?

	Mike

[PS. Of course, if I am making a mistake here, and the LDAP setup has
some advantage that I am overlooking, let me know...]