[Samba] What is the recommend method to give users local admin access?

Aniruddha mailingdotlist at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 13:09:22 MDT 2011

On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 8:24 PM, Christian PERRIER <bubulle at debian.org>wrote:

> Give them a local account with admin access? But not give that to
> their regular account?
>
> Seriously, don't give people habits of working with admin access to
> Windows machines. Really.
>

> If you really want to do this...and reinstall Windows clients every 6
> months,

 This depends on the environment. And that's where clonezilla is for :-)

then create a domain group (something like "ShootSelfInFoot")
> and put this global group in the "Administrators" local group on each
> client.

What about adding 'Domain Users' to the local "Administrators" group? Or do
I need do create an unique group? I could automate this with:
net localgroup administrators /add my_domain_name\Domain Users