[Samba] Samba - OpenLDAP User Mapping

fuzzy_4711 fuzzy_4711 at gmx.de
Fri Aug 26 02:29:36 MDT 2011

Hi.

I ask your assistence to get kind of sorted in my head...

We do have a openLDAP-Server running. There is also a smbd running at a
different box as file server. I did all the configuration and managed it
to have samba asking the ldap-Server for authentification. I can see in
the logs that this is happening.

I did a
smbpasswd -a user (which is not a local user at the box)
and the DIT-entry for "user" was filled automatically with all the
entries generated like sambaSID, flags sambaNTpassword and so on.
Everything works like expected, shares are there, acls fine, everything
cool.

Also, if I do a
smbpasswd -x user
all DIT-entries in openldap for "user" which depend on samba (like those
mentioned above) will be deleted.

But, I do have much more users which need to access the file server via
smb. Do I have to add each user by invoking
smbpasswd -a user
for each? I can not image that there is no other way to get this going.

Thanks for guiding me.

-fuz