[Samba] Directly replace smb.

Chris Weiss cweiss at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 07:27:43 MDT 2011

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 9:06 PM, yyq at eisoo.com <yyq at eisoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,all,
>    I have a redhat linux of 2.6.24 kernel(x86_64), which smb is 3.0, I want
> to upgrade it, but the system doesn't have gcc development and no rpm, that
> means I can't upgrade the smb on this machine.So I compile the new samba on
> other machine and copy necessary files and replace them on my target machine
> and checked:

without seeing error messages, anything anyone says is pure
speculation.  My speculation is that you have library version
mismatches.

worst case, or maybe even the "right way", is that you'll need to
clone the system to a test system or a virtual machine, install gcc
and the devel libs for the versions installed of all samba
dependencies and then compile.