[Samba] Samba 3.6.0: unable to list Active Directoy users "WBC_ERR_DOMAIN_NOT_FOUND"

Linda W samba at tlinx.org
Mon Aug 15 15:07:32 MDT 2011

` Peacock,Josh wrote:
> I am also experiencing the same problems.  I am running 3.6 on AIX 6.1.  I do have a 3.5.8 installation running without problem (I understand some major changes have happened.)  I took the smb.conf from my 3.5.8 install and changed appropriately for 3.6 (At least as far as I catell).

----
Yeah, I still have this error even after downgrading to 3.5.10 --
I think 3.6 corrupted my userdb or changed the format... I suppose
I need to allocate a new one and start from scratch to fix it...

But lots of problems related to looking up the domain, the
PDC and some users.

I did try to report it, but since I wasn't certain what was going on and
just had a bunch of random symptoms, I got ignored.

But I did warn them that other users would likely have problems and should
be warned...  That was ignored too..