[Samba] Samba 3.6.0: unable to list Active Directoy users "WBC_ERR_DOMAIN_NOT_FOUND"

Peacock,Josh Josh.Peacock at SanfordHealth.org
Mon Aug 15 09:57:40 MDT 2011

I am also experiencing the same problems.  I am running 3.6 on AIX 6.1.  I do have a 3.5.8 installation running without problem (I understand some major changes have happened.)  I took the smb.conf from my 3.5.8 install and changed appropriately for 3.6 (At least as far as I catell).

I followed the steps Michael posted on the bug report.

/usr/local/samba/bin/wbinfo -t
checking the trust secret for domain MYDOMAIN via RPC calls succeeded

/usr/local/samba/bin/wbinfo -n MYDOMAIN+peacocjo
S-1-5-21-4260745004-1716061493-1944009462-4325 SID_USER (1)

/usr/local/samba/bin/wbinfo -s S-1-5-21-4260745004-1716061493-1944009462-4325
MYDOMAIN+peacocjo 1

/usr/local/samba/bin/wbinfo -S S-1-5-21-4260745004-1716061493-1944009462-4325
failed to call wbcSidToUid: WBC_ERR_WINBIND_NOT_AVAILABLE Could not convert sid S-1-5-21-4260745004-1716061493-1944009462-4325 to uid

I have the logs if you would like me to attach them to a the same bug report or open a new one?

SMB.CONF

[global]
   workgroup = MYDOMAIN
   server string = %h server (Samba)
   dns proxy = no

#### Debugging/Accounting ####
   loglevel = 10
   log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
   max log size = 1000
#   syslog only = yes

# We want Samba to log a minimum amount of information to syslog. Everything
# should go to /var/log/samba/log.{smbd,nmbd} instead. If you want to log
# through syslog you should set the following parameter to something higher.
#   syslog =  10

####### Authentication #######

        security = ADS
        realm = MYDOMAIN.ORG
        winbind enum users = yes
        winbind enum groups = yes
#        winbind use default domain = yes
        winbind nested groups = yes
        winbind separator = +
        allow trusted domains = no
        idmap config * : backend = tdb
        idmap config * : range = 20000-60000
        idmap config MYDOMAIN : backend = rid
        idmap config MYDOMAIN : range = 60000-50000000
        encrypt passwords = yes
        template homedir = /home/%u
        template shell = /bin/bash
        restrict anonymous = 2
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY
        deadtime = 10

########## Printing ##########

load printers = no
domain master = no
local master = no
usershare allow guests = no
browseable = no

Josh Peacock
UNIX Administrator

privileged and confidential information.  Any unauthorized review, use,
recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy
all copies of the original message.