[Samba] winbind 3.3.1.5 as 2008 r2 domain member | groups are not resolving after couple of hours

cbehm cjbehm at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 09:29:09 MDT 2011

Oliver Weinmann-3 wrote:

> Has really no one else this problem??? I mean if someone could make a
> recommendation what version to use with w2008r2 would be good too.

Hello Oliver, I don't know if you've gotten this sorted out but I spent
about a few hours over the past two days struggling with a similar problem
and samba 3.5.4.

I'm using the "Identity Management for UNIX" add-on for Active Directory to
provide the user and group ID mappings. In my case the problem was that even
though I had set the "Primary Group/GID" under the UNIX Attributes tab,
winbind was reading the "Primary Group" from the AD portion and so I had to
configure the "Domain Users" group with UNIX attributes as well.

So far everything's now working as expected.