[Samba] windows 7 logon problem

Jeff Savastano savastano.jeff at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 14 08:29:30 MDT 2011

hi,

i am able to join my domain with windows 7.  when i reboot i get a "Unkown error
has occurred".  when i check my event log i see that there is a netlogon 3210
error:

This computer could not authenticate with <samba server>, a Windows domain
controller for domain <domain name>, and therefore this computer might deny
logon requests. This inability to authenticate might be caused by another
computer on the same network using the same name or the password for this
computer account is not recognized. If this message appears again, contact your
system administrator.

i am able to logon on to the domain from windows xp proffesional so i would
assume a its a windows 7 problem, but no windows forums are of any use.

my samba version is 3.5.4

i  have made the changes to registry:

   HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Netlogon\Parameters
           DWORD  RequireSignOrSeal = 1
           DWORD  RequireStrongKey = 1
           DWORD  DisablePasswordChange = 1

any ideas how to fix this?