[Samba] smb2

Hervé Hénoch h.henoch at isc84.org
Thu Apr 14 05:40:52 MDT 2011

Hi

I've a Windows 2008 R1 connected to a share on a samba 3.5.6 (this samba
is a domain member of a samba pdc). All work fine.

I've enabled "max protocol = smb2" : i can access the share but when it
was impossible to rename a new directory  named "New Folder" on the
share (created by Windows new folder menu). I've the error :
init_smb_request: invalid wct number 255 (size 106)

So i've disabled the option (sadly I've not created and renamed new
directory on the share before so i can't say if it was working or not).

Since the window 2008R1 box can't access the samba. Error is : host
inacessible, you might not have permission to use this network ressource.

Thanks for help

--
Hervé Hénoch
Responsable informatique