[Samba] Clustered Samba: Every 24 hours "There are Currently No Logon Servers Available"

erik bergsma ebergsma1 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 08:52:37 MDT 2011

Daniel,

thanks for your input! so i have to set this option "wins server =
some.external.wins.ip" on both nodes then, correct? (and the next step is
then to make the win server redundant aswell)

and do i also have make sure the nmbd processes will not start anymore (that
is configurable in /etc/conf.d/samba on gentoo) or do these processes take
care of the name registration etc. ?

Erik