[Samba] problem with linux server as domain member in samba pdc

Hervé Hénoch h.henoch at isc84.org
Tue Apr 5 05:37:54 MDT 2011

Hello,

My problem is the following : I've a domain controller under linux Samba
3.5.5 with LDAP.
I want to include a Linux Samba as domain member but I've the following
error :

_netr_ServerAuthenticate2: failed to get machine password for account
SSCFICHIERS$: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

I've put the following in smb.conf :

workgroup = <mydomain>
wins server = <ip of my samba PDC>
password server = <ip of my samba PDC>
security = domain

I've too configured nsswitch.conf / libnss and pam so getent
passwd/group/shadow  so is connected too the underlying ldap : this is ok.

net rpc join is successful and I can see the entry in my ldap tree and
the secrets.tdb file is created in /var/lib/samba.

So i've don't understand where is the problem ...

Help appreciate

--
Hervé Hénoch
Responsable informatique