[Samba] Setting a vampired Samba4 as RID Master

Diego Gutierrez Zaldivar dgz at trustedtranslations.com
Tue Sep 21 10:32:28 MDT 2010

  Thank you very much for your help Daniel. I run this command:

sudo /usr/local/samba/bin/net fsmo transfer --role=rid
--host=/usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb

and I'm getting this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File
"/usr/local/samba/lib/python2.6/site-packages/samba/netcmd/__init__.py",
line 99, in _run
     return self.run(*args, **kwargs)
   File
"/usr/local/samba/lib/python2.6/site-packages/samba/netcmd/fsmo.py",
line 186, in run
     self.transfer_role(role, samdb)
   File
"/usr/local/samba/lib/python2.6/site-packages/samba/netcmd/fsmo.py",
line 91, in transfer_role
     samdb.modify(m)
_ldb.LdbError: (53, 'rootdse_modify: unknown attribute to change!')

It looks like I'm pointing to the wrong ldap database or the attribute
for RID is missing. Thanks once more for your help.

Kind Regards,
Diego