[Samba] Samba for AD client?

grant little grantliddle at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 22:13:44 MDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 5:20 PM, Matt Richardson <marichar at csusb.edu> wrote:

> On 09/05/2010 05:14 PM, Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:
>

>> 1) Are there any known issues with BTRFS?
>> 2) Which version of Samba would be most appropriate for this?
>> 3) AD integration: I've never really done it (with success); any pointers?
>>  [I've googled a bit, but bump into a zillion different HOWTO's and/or
>> utilities, some of which seem to be mutually exclusive.)
>>

> Can't help you with 1, but I've got a couple of Samba servers running as
> members in an AD domain: 3.2.5 and 3.4.8.  Both integrated into the domain
> fairly easily.  I have some internal docs that I can post once I clean them
> up.  I haven't done any ACL testing yet because groups have been sufficient.

I also have AD integration working great for samba share login from both
windows and os x using kerberos and remote ldap with ubuntu 10.04 + samba
3.4.7 with windows security groups, it's great. However testing the ACLs
they don't work when set from windows. Setting from linux shows fine in
windows but not other way around. They may work when I get around to adding
a local ldap and an ldapsam backend, time alone will tell.