[Samba] Samba for AD client?

Matt Richardson marichar at csusb.edu
Thu Sep 9 18:20:55 MDT 2010

On 09/05/2010 05:14 PM, Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:

> 1) Are there any known issues with BTRFS?
> 2) Which version of Samba would be most appropriate for this?
> 3) AD integration: I've never really done it (with success); any pointers?
>   [I've googled a bit, but bump into a zillion different HOWTO's and/or
> utilities, some of which seem to be mutually exclusive.)

Can't help you with 1, but I've got a couple of Samba servers running as
members in an AD domain: 3.2.5 and 3.4.8.  Both integrated into the
domain fairly easily.  I have some internal docs that I can post once I
clean them up.  I haven't done any ACL testing yet because groups have
been sufficient.

--
Matt Richardson
IT Consultant