[Samba] what flag shows ldapsam is built in?

grant little grantliddle at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 23:26:11 MDT 2010

On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 1:29 PM, grant little <grantliddle at gmail.com> wrote:

> what  flag from smbd -b confirms ldapsam is built in?
>
> I see:
> # smbd -b | grep -i ldap
>    HAVE_LDAP_H
>    HAVE_LDAP
>    HAVE_LDAP_ADD_RESULT_ENTRY
>    HAVE_LDAP_INIT
>    HAVE_LDAP_INITIALIZE
>    HAVE_LDAP_SASL_WRAPPING
>    HAVE_LDAP_SET_REBIND_PROC
>    HAVE_LIBLDAP
>    LDAP_SET_REBIND_PROC_ARGS
>    idmap_ldap_init
>     pdb_ldap pdb_smbpasswd pdb_tdbsam pdb_wbc_sam
>

> I was expecting to see something with ldapsam in there say for instance
> pdb_ldapsam or HAVE_LDAPSAM but I'm not sure what the flag is called and
> haven't found a list of all the flags when searching samba.org
>
> thanks.

In case anyone else is looking I finally found the build flags here:
http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Build-time_configuration_options

however I am none the wiser as they don't correspond 1 to 1 to the output of
smbd -b and man on smbd just says that -b provides information about how
samba was built.

it's possible that that pdb_ldap means ldapsam support but I can't find that
documented  even when searching the latest source.   If that is so then why
is there a pdb_tdbsam and a pdb_wbc_sam when to be consistent that should be
just pdb_tdb or the other should be pdb_ldapsam.
In the source I see mention of both pdb_ldap and ldapsam.
I suspect the only way I will find out is by actually doing builds with the
flags on and off and seeing what happens.
Confused.