[Samba] Active directory in Ubuntu

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Sun Oct 31 18:54:08 MDT 2010

On Friday, October 29, 2010 01:53 AM, Dale Schroeder wrote:
> Tommie,
>
> To emulate an Active Directory DC, you will have to use Samba 4.
> Note that Samba 4 is still in alpha, but some have reported using it
> successfully in production environments.
>
> http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4

Does Samba 4 have to be a sole AD master or can it participate in a
multi-master role with an existing AD environment?

I itching to be able to finally not use any Microsoft based software on
the servers. The Windows 2000 AD just serves logon scripts, group
policies and printing. It is safe to assume that all these are available
with the latest alpha?