[Samba] Winbind behaviour odd in 3.4.9 and 3.5.6 vs 3.2.14 (Samba domain with Samba member servers)

Alex Crow acrow at integrafin.co.uk
Fri Oct 29 13:20:25 MDT 2010

Anyone,

I have registered a bug for this, #7763.

I am also now suffering from #7066, have followed all the suggestions
and have no resolution.

Is it the case that Samba in as a domain controller with member server
in NT4-style domains  should only be used with 3.2.x (which is not
ostensibly unsupported)? I find this quite mysterious as surely others
are still waiting for Samba 4 to stabilise so they can move to an AD
infrastructure.

If I am barking up the wrong tree, can anyone point me to any docs that
will help me correct my configuration for Samba >=3.4? It seems there is
nothing out there that answers my questions, or those that have
helpfully replied to my query.

To start, can I ask if this simple config that worked in 3.2.x is now
unworkable?:
idmap backend = ldap:ldap://127.0.0.1
idmap uid = 10000-20000
idmap gid = 10000-20000
winbind nested groups = yes
winbind trusted domains only = yes
winbind use default domain = no
winbind enum users = yes
winbind enum groups = yes
allow trusted domains = yes

Thanks

Alex

--
This message is intended only for the addressee and may contain
confidential information.  Unless you are that person, you may not

"Transact" is operated by Integrated Financial Arrangements plc
Domain House, 5-7 Singer Street, London  EC2A 4BQ
Tel: (020) 7608 4900 Fax: (020) 7608 1200
(Registered office: as above; Registered in England and Wales under number: 3727592)
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (entered on the FSA Register; number: 190856)