[Samba] SOLVED -- Re: Domain user printing

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Oct 27 15:31:07 MDT 2010

Thanks to the help here and hints over on the SME forum, I got printing
working.

Basically you have to be logged in on the domain with an admin user and
THEN install the printer drivers.

So first I had to unistall the drivers, using a local admin user account.

Then I had to log in to the domain with an admin user.  For this I
needed the line:

     admin users = user1

And I had to spell that right (I had 'admin user' and I did not note any
error in starting smb services).

Then I installed the driver from this user and it could print.  I could
then log in with a non-admin user and they could also print.

So anyone that has some control over wiki content for Samba might want
to put this in for local printer installs:

At least if your printer is a network attached printer and you are
printing directly to it, you install the printer drivers while logged in
as a domain admin user.