[Samba] Can I have a pointer to an XP discussion list for policies?

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Oct 25 15:29:33 MDT 2010

Obviously I am missing something major here. Or maybe just a minor thing.

My smb.conf looks rather normal, and the domain user are Linux users, so
there is no extra permissions.

A domain user cannot print to a network attached printer that is using
the HP printer port (9100).  This seems to be a local policy block, as a
local user can print to it.  (note that a domain user CAN print to the
XPS document writer 'printer').

A domain user cannot connect to a printer share, it gets an obvious
policy error.

So since there is no help over here to my earlier posts, perhaps an XP
list might have some answers  :(