[Samba] Samba 3.2 & IPv6

k0rn nugun_73 at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 23 06:31:42 MDT 2010

Hi Everybody!

I'm configuring an IPv6-Only network, the OS i'm using is Debian Lenny 506
and the problem is that i cant put Samba 3.2 working.
After configuring the entire system, when i try to join to the domain(net
ads join -U Administrator), returns "Segmentation Fault".
And with "net ads join -U Administrator -S FQDN_AD_Server" returns "Failed
to join domain: Failed to connect to AD: No logon servers". But with this
one, the Linux host is added to "Active directory Users and Groups".

When i try:
"kinit Administrator"

It's ok.

With the same configuration but on IPv4 all works fine.

krb5.conf:

[libdefaults]
	default_realm = DOMAIN.LOCAL

	v4_instance_resolve = false
	v4_name_convert = {
		host = {
			rcmd = host
			ftp = ftp
		}
		plain = {
			something = something-else
		}
	}
	fcc-mit-ticketflags = true

[realms]
	DOMAIN.LOCAL = {
		kdc = kdc.domain.local
		admin_server = kdc.domain.local
		default_domain = domain.local
	}

[domain_realm]
	.domain.local = DOMAIN.LOCAL
	domain.local = DOMAIN.LOCAL

[login]
	krb4_convert = true
	krb4_get_tickets = false

smb.conf:
[global]
    workgroup = DOMAIN
    realm = DOMAIN.LOCAL
    password server = kdc.domain.local
    winbind use default domain = yes
    disable netbios = yes
    log level = 3
    preferred master = no
    local master = no
    domain master = no
    security = ads

   server string = %h server
   dns proxy = no
   log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
   max log size = 1000
   syslog = 0
   encrypt passwords = true
   passdb backend = tdbsam
   obey pam restrictions = yes
   unix password sync = yes
   passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
   passwd chat = *Enter\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *Retype\snew\s*\spassword:*
%n\n *password\supdated\ssuccessfully* .
   pam password change = yes
   domain logons = no

   idmap uid = 10000-20000
   idmap gid = 10000-20000
   template shell = /bin/bash

   winbind enum groups = yes
   winbind enum users = yes

hosts:

127.0.1.1	localhost.prova.local	localhost
127.0.1.1	debhost.domain.local	debhost

::1     localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
ff02::3 ip6-allhosts

Does anyone know if this is a bug or a possible error in my configuration?
It works with IPv4 and i found no specific Samba configuration for IPv6. So
I guess it's not a configuration problem.
The solution i found was install Debian Backport for Samba, Samba 2.5 that
ships with Debian Squeeze...

Thanks in advance.