[Samba] Can print when logged in as domain user

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Oct 22 14:50:10 MDT 2010

> On 10/22/2010 04:03 PM, Lukasz Zalewski wrote:
>>>
>>> The license is an OEM license (per system properties) registered to the
>>> E-Waste Recycler I bought it from. It is an IBM SFF.
>>>
>>> But why no policies for allowing printing when attacked to a domain?
>>> Why
>>> not connect when domain logged in.
>> Robert,
>> Are you using AD for group policy, samba (system policy) or local
>> group policy. I have noticed, that on my XP client machines not all
>> of the policies are present until you add appropriate templates
>> (don't know if its SP3 "feature"). If you right-click on
>> Administrative templates, there will be an option to Add/Remove
>> templates. The required policy is part of system.adm
>
> I don't know what policy I am using. I suppose whatever is installed
> on the system?
>
> Oh, NOW I see what I was doing wrong. Now I have added system.adm
> policy and I see printers. Here goes!

Well I enabled a couple of things.

I disabled: Disallow install of printers using ker-mode drv
I enabled: Allow print spooler to accept clients
Web-based printing

I could not figure out what really to do.

This has not made any change to the system behaviour :(

I am off now until Saturday night. I will look for help again then!