[Samba] Guest shares in an ADS security model

Mike Leone turgon at mike-leone.com
Fri Oct 22 12:15:12 MDT 2010

On 10/22/2010 2:12 PM, Michael Wood wrote:
> On 22 October 2010 19:36, Madhusudan Singh<singh.madhusudan at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Ok.
>>
>> In my mind, guest access should be just that - no authentication.
>
> Well, I believe that it is.  But that you need to enable the Guest
> account in AD for it to be allowed.

AFAIK, the "Guest" account is disabled by default in AD (at least, the
later versions, 2003 onwards, possibly earlier).

--
Michael J. Leone, <mailto:turgon at mike-leone.com>

"You have become an avatar of woe and ire, and all of your deeds will
conduce to evil"
				"Fatal Revenant", Stephen R. Donaldson