[Samba] Can print when logged in as domain user

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Oct 22 11:13:09 MDT 2010

This is on an XP Pro workstation.

Now I am trying to print.

I can print from a local user.  I added domain\user to the permisssions
for the printer.  I try a test print from the printer properties and get
an error.

Then I think, well I can print to the printer from the Samba PDC
directly, and I have a print share, so lets attach it.

So I go to the run dialog and enter \\server

I get a windows browser window of all of my shares including the printer
share.  So I right click on it and check connect and I get the error:

A policy is in effect on your computer which prevents you from
connecting to this print queue.  Please contact your system
administrator (which of course is me :(  ).

So what policy might this be that is blocking printing and how can I fix
this for printing either way...