[Samba] samba caching group memberships

Brian Cowan brcowan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 07:37:30 MDT 2010

I think you'll find that the answer can be "both." But, only during the
context of that connection to the samba server.

This is because the client sends its authentication info to the server when
it connects. I don't really know if/when the samba server verifies group
membership on the domain beyond asking if the credentials are valid.