[Samba] getpeername failed

David Dumortier d.dumortier at free.fr
Thu Oct 21 02:41:30 MDT 2010

Hello all,

I have a simple share on samba 3.2.5-4lenny13 defined like this :

[global]
	workgroup = MYDOMAIN
	realm = MYDOMAIN.ORG
	server string = %h server
	security = ADS
	obey pam restrictions = Yes
	load printers = No
	idmap uid = 10000-20000
	idmap gid = 10000-20000
	winbind
        enum users = Yes
        winbind enum groups = Yes
     	winbind use default domain = Yes

[myshare]
	    comment = myshare
	    path = /home/myshare
	    valid users = MYDOMAIN\myuser1, MYDOMAIN\myuser2
	    write list = MYDOMAIN\myuser1, MYDOMAIN\myuser2
	    force group = mygroup
	    read only = No

I can mount it from a linux for any user.
I can access it from a Windows7 for myuser1 (admin on AD).
getent passwd | grep myuser2 return myuser2.
But I have this message for myuser2 (not admin) on W7 :
  getpeername failed. Error was Noeud final de transport n'est pas connecté
  read_socket_with_timeout: client 0.0.0.0 read error = Aucun chemin d'accès pour atteindre l'hôte cible.

I browsed Google and the only response I saw was an upgrade of samba
but I can't (need to be in stable Debian version), and it doesn't
explain why myuser1 can connect.

Please CC me because I'm not subscribed.

Thank's in advance.
--
David Dumortier