[Samba] Samba 3.6 directory ACLs

Miguel Medalha miguelmedalha at sapo.pt
Mon Oct 18 16:33:34 MDT 2010

> FYI. I've just committed a "jumbo" ACL patch for v3-6-test (and am currently
> looking at backporting this to 3.5.x) which I hope will fix several issues
> with storing ACLs in xattrs and getting full Windows ACL compatibility.

That would be *very* nice, especially the "backporting to 3.5.x" part!

Thank you!

(By the way: is there some tool that can manage the ACLs stored in
Extended Attributes from the Linux command line? That would give us the
best of both worlds: Windows compatibility and ACL setting from the
server side. I know it is "possible" to use "getfattr/setfattr" but this
is not very "friendly", is it?  Also, a module providing those ACLs to
Linux so that, for example, SSH or FTP could use them, would be very
interesting. Am I asking too much or is this in some way irrelevant?)