[Samba] Samba 3.6 directory ACLs

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Mon Oct 18 09:43:15 MDT 2010

On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 04:04:29AM -0700, Derek Lewis wrote:
> I have ACLs working for files with the following set in my share
> definitions:
>
> inherit permissions = yes
>
> inherit acls=yes
>
> map acl inherit=yes
>
> vfs_objects = acl_tdb
>

> While testing my Samba configuration, I found that permissions are being set
> to 'special' for directories being copied from Windows instead of the ACL
> being fully populated.  Does Samba 3.6 fully implement ACLS, or are there
> further configuration steps for storing the ACL information for directories?

FYI. I've just committed a "jumbo" ACL patch for v3-6-test (and am currently
looking at backporting this to 3.5.x) which I hope will fix several issues
with storing ACLs in xattrs and getting full Windows ACL compatibility.

I'll ping the lists when I want wider testing (still ensuring it all
works at the moment).

Cheers,

Jeremy.