[Samba] Locking Issue?

Eran-Binyamin Zeitoun ezeitoun at dalet.com
Sat Oct 16 21:05:09 MDT 2010

Hello,
I am a linux newbie not to mention Samba, I am searching for a Linux
alternative to Windows Sharing....
I have configured a Samba share on a RHLE 5u6 with the following settings:

[global]
workgroup = TEST
netbios name = MDC2
security = share
kernel oplocks = yes
blocking locks = yes
oplocks = yes
level2 oplocks = yes

[test2]
path = /test
read only =no
guest ok = yes
browsable = yes
locking = yes

Now, I am using a windows box to access this share, and locking a file,
smbstatus show:
Locked files:
Pid          Uid        DenyMode   Access      R/W        Oplock SharePath
  Name   Time
29540        501        DENY_NONE  0x100001    RDONLY     NONE /test   .
Sun Oct 17 04:51:28 2010
29540        501        DENY_NONE  0x20196     WRONLY     EXCLUSIVE+BATCH
/test   test.file   Sun Oct 17 04:51:38 2010

When using another window box and trying to rename/delete the file i am
locking, it operation fails (as expected),
but when going to /test on the linux box i am able to rename (mv) or
delete (rm) the file...

Please advice...

Thanks,
Ebzed...