[Samba] Set a special DNS server for samba!

Hamid Reza Hasani hr.hasani at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 08:00:18 MDT 2010

Hi,
Yes you are right, but this is not correct at all.
Assume we have a gateway that is connected to an AD and the Internet, so we
should have two DNS server, one for AD and one for Internet.
We can set both in resolve.conf but it slows down the gateway because in
this case some DNS request should be resolved by two DNS server (a timeout
and a success hit!!), otherwise according to my experience  if AD DNS server
was not set as a first DNS server in resolve.conf, it could not join to
domain.
But if there was a way to set DNS server for samba separately, then we would
be able to solve this problem.

thanks,
Hamid Reza Hasani
Ya Ali