[Samba] how to manage "group" with Solaris 10 Samba, ZFS, Winbind, AD

Keun Song keunhosong at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 9 02:24:41 MDT 2010

Hi,

I've successfully joined my Solaris 10 Samba server (where I use ZFS on the fie system to share) to my AD-domain via Winbind.

Now, I'd like to manage the file/directory group permissions on this Solaris server that I can control the user access to certain files/directories.

Could anyone advise what the best way is?

Thru ZFS ACL (Solaris side using chown/chgrp/chmod) or AD LDAP groups (Windows side) or any other way?

Thank you in advance.

- Kevin