[Samba] Samba 3.6 and extended attributes

Derek Lewis dlewis at mtu.edu
Thu Oct 7 03:00:19 MDT 2010

I have extended user attributes enabled for my Samba drive (ext4) and
configured within Samba for storing timestamps.  I have added acl support to
the drive mount point to store permissions information, although this change
appears to have broken the extended user attributes.

I have not modified my smb.conf since adding extended attributes support.

Can I my ext4 drive be modified to store both attribute sets or do I have to
use a tdb database?