[Samba] Is it error or normal for "find_domain_master_name_query_fail"

hce webmail.hce at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 15:57:39 MDT 2010

Hi,

I am running samba server on CentOS 5.2, it works, but it has so many
"find_domain_master_name_query_fail" and "nable to find the Domain
Master Browser name BEC<1b> for the workgroup BEC" in the log file.
Does that messages indicate some kind of errors or misbehaviour, or it
is normal we don't need to worry about it?

BTW, from time to time, the samba clients got very slow response or
even hung up, not sure it is related to those messages or not.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

hce