[Samba] Windows 7 cannot connect to domain member

Jean-Jacques Moulis jj at isy.liu.se
Tue Oct 5 08:31:18 MDT 2010

On 10/5/2010 1:42 PM, Michel Correge wrote:
> When I try to connect some share (user's home) from the Windows box, I
> get strange results :
>
> - If the share is on the PDC, I can connect giving Username and Password
> - If the share is on a member of the domain different from the PDC,
> connection fails.

for clients not member of the domain, you need to specify the domain
in the username box when connecting to a member server.

DomainName\Username

when the domain name is unspecified the member server
uses MemberServerName\UserName and that don't work
(if you do not define such an user on the member server
local password database)

this behavior is rather new for samba but normal for a windows server.

--
Jean-Jacques   Moulis                              Tel:  (013) 281684
ISY                                                Fax:  (013) 139282
Linköping University                            E-mail: jj at isy.liu.se
581 83 Linköping