[Samba] re. 3.4.9 printing addprinter command reparse doesn't see new printer

Gary Dale garydale at rogers.com
Mon Oct 4 22:09:50 MDT 2010

OK. Perhaps you can be more specific about what you are trying to
accomplish. I don't recall adding printers to a server as being
something that happens frequently. yet I get the impression that your
concern is that you have to wait before the added printer becomes
available. That doesn't seem like much of a problem.

How long do you have to wait?

Basically, all the smbaddprinter.pl script does is call lpadmin. At
least on my system, that seems to be a CUPS specific version. I think
that's probably usual for any system running CUPS. Perhaps you should be
asking the maintainer(s) for lpadmin?