[Samba] Enforcing filesystem permissions

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn dennisml at conversis.de
Mon Oct 4 10:00:50 MDT 2010

Hi,
I'm trying to get samba to force a certain set of permissions for files and
directories but so far I don't have much success. This is what I'm trying
to enforce:

         create mask = 0770
         security mask = 0770
         directory mask = 0770
         directory security mask = 0770
         force create mode = 0660
         force security mode = 0660
         force directory mode = 0770
         force directory security mode = 0770
         force group = publisher

Yet when a client creates a directory it ends up with the permissions set
to 755 instead. My guess is that the client changes the permissions after
the directory is created so I'm wondering how I can prevent that from
happening.
What I'm trying to accomplish is to make it possible for members of the
group "publisher" to always read/write each others files and enter directories.

Regards,
   Dennis