[Samba] VPN/WAN Domain members

ray klassen julius_ahenobarbus at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 24 10:12:25 MST 2010

I have about 60 PC's running windows XP behind vpn routers in different
locations. I find that they lose connection or sync (or whatever the right word
is) to the domain periodically, probably when the vpn shuts down due to low
demand. The result is that any domain user not already in the local password
hash cache cannot log in and any local share with domain permissions on it will
not allow the a domain account access if the pc is not rebooted. Is there any
way to force windows to resync without a reboot or to make XP more fault
tolerant to slower connections to the samba domain?

Thanks in advance. etc...