[Samba] samba replacing novell

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 19:18:27 MST 2010

Does the application create temporary files?  Or does it try to create
temporary files?  Can you configure the app to use the local client hard
drive for temporary files.    I found that some MS Office Apps do funny
things with file permissions that are more likely to show up on a Samba
server (mapping NTFS to Unix permissions) than on a Windows file server
(native NTFS.)

What version of Novell Netware?  Were you using IPX/SPX or TCP/IP?  Where
you using the Netware client from Novell or the one from Microsoft?

Are you using a UNC path (e.g. \\myserver\share1) or drive mappings to the
network share (e.g. P:  is mapped to \\myserver\share1.)