[Samba] Terminal Server Profile readonly attribute lost

webmaster webmaster at howard-allison.com
Thu Nov 18 01:03:20 MST 2010

Hi,
I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I've searched and
can't find a thing. We have Windows 2003 Terminal Servers, and are
running Samba 3.4.5 on AIX 6.1. Our Terminal Server Profiles are kept on
a samba share. When a user creates a file locally in C:\Documents and
Settings(or whatever it's called in english :-) ), sets the file to
readonly, and then logs out, the read-only flag isn't preserved on the
AIX Server. Is this expected behavior? The file ends up with an 765 mask....

create mask = 0664
directory mask = 0775
inherit permissions = Yes
profile acls = Yes