[Samba] Two Windows users with two passwords must map to the same unix user

Andre Albsmeier Andre.Albsmeier at siemens.com
Thu Nov 18 06:46:18 MST 2010

On Thu, 18-Nov-2010 at 10:00:50 +0100, Jochen Eggemann wrote:
> Put "force user" in the service section.That should do the trick.

I do not want to force _all_ users to become joe. There are several
users and each of them must be able to use two different windows
accounts to connect to the share:

Unix user joe  can log in as JOE (using PASS1) and JACK (using PASS2)
Unix user foo  can log in as FOO (using PASS3) and BAR (using PASS4)
Unix user jill can log in as JILL (using PASS5) and JANE (using PASS6)

	-Andre

> Joe
>
> Am 18.11.2010 08:55, schrieb Andre Albsmeier:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have no idea how to implement the following scenario apart
> > from running two instances of samba on the same machine...
> >
> > I need a setup where two different Windows users will authen-
> > ticate with two different passwords but get mapped to the same
> > unix user.
> >
> > That is
> >
> > JOE got password PASS1 and maps to unix user joe with uid 1000
> >
> > and
> >
> > JACK got password PASS2 and maps to unix user joe with uid 1000
> >
> > I can set up two instances of samba on the same machine with two
> > sets of config files, tdbs, ....
> >
> > In instance 1 the smbpasswd file contains the password entry for joe:
> >
> > joe:1000:xxxxxxxxxxxxPASS1xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:xxxxxxxxxPASS1xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:[UX         ]:LCT-4B6836EF:
> >
> > In instance 2 the smbpasswd file contains the password entry for jack
> > (but using joe as unix user):
> >
> > joe:1000:yyyyyyyyyyyyPASS2yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy:yyyyyyyyyyPASS2yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy:[UX         ]:LCT-4B6836EF:
> >
> > and a user.map file containing
> >
> > joe = jack
> >
> > This should work but I hope there is a simpler method with only
> > one instance of samba running...
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > 	-Andre
>
> --
> IT-Management
> Nordwestdeutsche Forstliche Versuchsanstalt
>
> Grätzelstr. 2
> 37079 Göttingen
> 	Tel: 0551 69 40 11 64
> Fax: 0551 69 40 11 60
>

> --

Es ist den Untertanen untersagt, den Massstab ihrer beschraenkten
Einsicht an die Handlungen der Obrigkeit anzulegen.
(Friedrich Wilhelm, Kurfuerst von Brandenburg, 1620 - 1688)