[Samba] wheel problem

cjkjlewis at comcast.net cjkjlewis at comcast.net
Thu Nov 18 00:34:20 MST 2010

I have a local user acct (no LDAP or AD).  I have assigned this user to the wheel group.  It use to be able to access all shares on a mount. Recently I get "Access Denied" (Windows XP ProSP3)

smb log says:

smbd/vfs.c:932(check_reduced_name)

smbd[16758]: check_reduced_name: couldn't get realpath for /mnt/users/backup/*

The user is a local administrator on WinXP and is sending those auth credentials.  The user has no trouble accessing their own share of course.

Have any others run into this?  Should I try something like this (this is the only thing that I can come up with in the many weeks of research)

net groupmap add ntgroup="Builtin Admins" unixgroup=domadm rid=544 type=d

thank you in advance!